Getting back to nature is always a retreat no matter where. What more when you can get a personalized tour that connects the nature of the place you visit, and the culture of its peopleâ€¦
So, where are we hiking?
Tanjung Surat is a fishing village at the southern tip of Malaysia, where the villagers have depended on the resources that the natural landscape have provided them over the years. However, much changes have been taking place to the landscape in Tanjung Surat, caused by external exploitation. And today, the villagers have to defend the lands and waters for the survival of their upcoming generations.
Whatâ€™s special about this place?
A visit to this place gives an idea of the indigenous people of our region (The Orang Laut, which means the people of the sea), who will be our local guides. There is a simple hike up the Bukit Belungkor, which gives an overview of the changing landscape from 200 meters above sea level.
Followed by a local lunch spread, and a boat ride to the southern Johor mangroves along Sungai Belungkor (Belungkor River) to learn about mangroves, the benefits that mangroves provide to the nature and humans, and the steps that are being taken by the locals and student researchers from a local university to preserve and protect their mangroves.
Most importantly, the personal sharing from the locals about the biodiversity that influenced the lifestyle of the people living in its vicinity - a journey of their existence.
Gunung Yong Belar
What is included:
What is not included:
What to bring?
- Water at least 1.5litres / based on your consumption
- Comfortable clothes to climb steep slopes and tropical terrain, preferable dry-fit
- Headlamp & gloves (compulsory)
- Hiking shoes with good grip
- Buff, cap, suitable headwear (not compulsory, good to have)
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, etc
- Hiking stick (not compulsory)
- Change of clothes to return to Singapore
- Towel, toiletries, etc
- Poncho / raincoat
Travel insurance: always good to have when on travels out of the country. It is the responsibility of the agency to remind participants on the travel insurance, but it is the responsibility of the participants to purchase the insurance.
Terms & Conditions
- Full payment must be made before the trip date once a trip is confirmed, failing which the booking will be cancelled. Please refer to the specific Event's Itinerary and trip note on the deadline for trip confirmation, payment dates, cancellations and refund policies.
- Kindly take note of all details on the Trip Itinerary, in case of any specific restrictions or requirements that must be complied.
- Participants are fully responsible for ensuring their passports have the required minimum 6months validity at the time of travel. Some countries may require Visa or Vaccination requirements, the information will be provided in the Itinerary and Participants are required to ensure strict compliance.
- It is advised that all Participants purchase suitable travel insurance for self or family as necessary.
- AdPeak does not provide any insurance coverage and it is the sole responsibility of the Participant to ensure that he/she has sufficient personal travel and accident coverage.
- While all necessary care will be taken by the Organizer, AdPeak will not be held responsible for any incidents arising due to:
- Negligence on the part of the Participant
- Natural incidents such as flood, landslides and storm
- Incidents or accidents occurring before or after the Event hosted